LaunchPod is an accelerator programme that invites start-ups into a creative community for 12 weeks, where access to expert mentoring, growth networks and in some cases, funding is provided. Based in Leeds and managed by global brand experience agency, Elmwood (now Born Ugly), participants received specialist insight from a world-class community of marketers and creative designers and free workspace at Elmwood’s creative and dynamic studio in Leeds.
The programme is propelled by the power of design and brings businesses with breakthrough ideas together to cover areas that include group-based workshops on business model canvas development, value proposition creation, brand storytelling and marketing. Participant businesses also receive one-to-one coaching and support from experts and mentoring in a real setting in collaboration with Elmwood and its partners.
Over 100 pieces of press coverage
Elmwood commissioned Wild PR to deliver a PR campaign for Elmwood LaunchPod from April 2018 to early December 2018. This inaugural programme was themed ‘The future of consumer health’ and sought to attract early-stage business participants innovating in the consumer health markets. This required us to identify and engage with a niche audience to create the desired result of attracting those businesses to apply to LaunchPod for a place on the programme. Our remit included;
- Drafting key messages and internal FAQs document
- PR announcing the launch, key stages during and wrap-up
- Feature articles discussing topics relevant to consumer health
- Profile opportunities featuring key Elmwood LaunchPod staff and participating LaunchPod businesses
- Undertaking research surveys and publishing the findings
- Forward feature opportunities
- Delivered a learning day at the LaunchPod by presenting insights and best practices on PR, including template documents for the participating businesses to use in their own marketing and press campaigns.
Wild PR secured over 100 pieces of press coverage, both in print and online. These ranged across regional, business and health tech trade publications. Some highlights include Yorkshire Post, Med-Tech News, Prolific North, Startups.co.uk, Insider Media, Journal of mHealth, Irish Tech News and many more!
Wild was instrumental in driving the reputation of our accelerator programme (LaunchPod) and of Elmwood (since rebranded as Born Ugly). We’ve seen our regional brand reputation improve substantially, which had been waning over the past years in favour of a national and international presence.
Wild is responsive, professional, and able to think through the line. It has been a pleasure working with them this year, and they have played a substantial part in the success of the programme.